Man convicted of sexually assaulting daughter
An Olds man who forced his daughter to perform a sex act on him last year will be sentenced in August.
The accused, who cannot be named to protect the identity of the victim, pleaded guilty in Didsbury provincial court on Wednesday to a charge of sexual assault.
In January 2011, the victim told her mother that “daddy put his itchy in my mouth. It tasted gross,” prosecutor Kevin Doyle told the court.
When confronted by Olds RCMP investigators, the accused admitted forcing the girl, who is under five years of age, to perform oral sex on him in the family home.
Judge Peter Barley ordered a risk assessment conducted on the accused and set an August 1 sentencing date.
The accused has been released on bail pending the sentencing.
Following court, prosecutor Doyle declined to say what sentence the Crown will be seeking for the accused.
The charge of sexual assault carries a maximum penalty of 10 years imprisonment.