Sundre area stabbing case to be heard by judge, jury
A man charged with aggravated assault, assault with a weapon and possession of a weapon after another man was slashed and wounded on a rural property outside Sundre has elected to be tried by Queen’s Bench judge and jury.
Timothy Munro, 27, made the election in Didsbury provincial court on April 16, and will be back in court April 30 to set a date for preliminary hearing.
Police were called to the property southwest of Sundre early on Feb. 19 for a complaint that a 28-year-old man had been stabbed.
The wounded man, who is an acquaintance of the accused, sustained slashing wounds to his arms, neck and body, said Sundre RCMP Cpl. Ryan Hodge.
The victim was airlifted to Calgary’s Foothills Medical Centre where he was operated on for non-life-threatening injuries.
The home where the stabbing occurred belongs to the accused, and the accused and the victim are known to each other said Hodge.
Munro has been released on $4,000 bail. His release conditions include a 24-hour-a-day curfew, except for work and other specific exceptions.
No pleas have been entered in the case.